302 Temporary Redirect Interview – Chris Simpson
This week on the 302 Temporary Redirect Show I spoke to to Chris Simpson about how he creates consistent high value content that attracts clients.
Chris has such a successful LinkedIn strategy that he doesn’t even need a website for his consultancy and has a regular stream of clients approaching him directly.
Chris is a strategy consultant with an impressive resume. He works with CEOs, organisations and boards to assist them understand the current economic/political/world, and create strategies regarding how their business can monopolise on market failure and opportunity. He also works with organisations to develop an engagement strategy to manage their and their organisation’s reputation at both a thought leadership level and at a practical business development level.
He is one of NZ’s most prolific high value content creators on LinkedIn and he will be sharing his thoughts on why, what and how to create great content that attracts clients on LinkedIn
Top Tips from Chris Simpson on Creating Consistent Content:
- Just Commit – Develop discipline and commit to posting content each day (or at least regularly)
- Write about things that actually interest, inspire or educate you. This will come through in your posts and help avoid burnout.
- Research – Chris is a self confessed research geek but making sure you fact check will add weight to the information and improve confidence and trust.
- Don’t let opinion get in the way of the truth – Yet again fact check and let the facts back up your insights
- Risk and Opportunity – Give away IP and insights you uncover that others can benefit from. Not every opportunity is right for you to take advantage of. Sharing them with your LinkedIn community will show how you can see the big picture and possibly add value to their organisation
- Keep it about business. you can add personality into your posts but avoid Facebook style warm fluffy stuff and cat videos 😉 They take up valuable time and add no value to you or your LinkedIn Community
Chris Simpsons GoTo Resources for Statistics and fact Checking:
…and trade organisation’s websites the not for profit sector have a wealth of research out there too
if you would like to connect with Chris you can check out his LinkedIn profile